Hope Community Action (HCA) Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization registered, incorporated and licensed in Uganda since July 2019. HCA trust and high quality performance is powered by the HCAF (HCA Fellowship), an interdenominational Christian community of leaders with inspiration to change the world around them. Click here to learn more about HCAF.
A God-fearing, vibrant, self-sustaining community living in demonstrable peace and family health.
Promoting peace and family health
Our vision and mission are inspired from Bishop Festo Kivengere’s words in his book, Revolutionary Love:
It is Christ’s revolutionary love that Africa needs to bring radically new relationships – between clans, tribes, nations, races, political parties and ideologies. It alone can cure economic exploitations, rampant corruption, unjust laws and hostility between religious denominations.Bishop Festo Kivengere (1988)
Peace Defined: A life of freedom and justice with access to basic needs
Family Health Defined: The ability to live together in love and care, with sustainable access to basic needs – food, water, clothing, shelter, education and medical care. A healthy family takes good care of their immediate environment.
Peace and Family Health
- Supporting the most vulnerable children (OVC – Orphans and Vulnerable Children).
- Integrating active-games to enhance learning and development.
- Enhancing local leadership proficiency in addressing OVC needs.
- God-fearing – We believe God created all people categories we work with and has the solution to the problems they face. For this reason we choose to honour and respect Him in everything we do.
- Focus on Children – All our interventions are directly and strategically focused on children.
- Collaboration – Whatever we do, we do it to the glory of God. We achieve better results when we work with others.
- Participation – We work together with the beneficiaries, to ensure greater impact and sustainability.
- Transparency – Our openness is intended to motivate stakeholders and increase level of investment.
- Equal Access – HCA field operations are designed to benefit all people without religious, social or political discrimination.
Where We Work
- Central Uganda – Kampala district – Lubaga division.
- South-western Uganda – Kisoro district.
- Western Uganda – Kamwenge district – Rwamwanja Refugee Settlement through Collaboration.
HCA is a member of:
- Incorporated with the Uganda Registration Services Bureau.
- Registered and licensed by the Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) Bureau, Uganda.
- Registered with the Finance Regulatory Authority (FIA) of Uganda
- Recognized by the Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) District National Monitoring Committee.
- Recognized by Kisoro District Local Government – District National NGO Monitoring Committee.