Who We Are
Hope Community Action (HCA) Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization registered and incorporated in Uganda, with mission to equip leaders for effective ministry.
Effective ministry is perceived as a strategically consistent, progressive advancement towards a shared vision. An effective minister is one that is well trained and equipped with essential resources required for ministry.
At HCA we are providing leadership training opportunities and running a collaborative resource development initiative.
HCA has adopted a shared vision that is reviewable and editable as needed by the network general conference and confirmed by the Board of Directors:
Our vision, mission and strategy are developed in prayer and submission to God’s wisdom in a carefully selected Board of Directors. God owns our work and gives wisdom to our Board of Directors in their oversight of this ministry.
A God-fearing, vibrant, self-sustaining community living in demonstrable peace and family health.Adopted by Board of Directors, May 7, 2020
In summary of our mission, we are;
Transforming People; Saving Lives.
Our network and community are joined together by the following values:
- We are God-fearing – committed to the authority of the word of God.
- We are Interdenominational
- We are family-oriented – whether we work directly or through others, our participants can be identified with a particular local community and belonging to a family of some sort at least. Where we work with an orphanage or child home care, our long-term focus remains on eventual restoration to a home where children feel loved and cared for.
- We follow a community-based approach with our operational partners.
- Collaboration – we work with local leaders as opposed to the attempt to compete with them.
- Strategic focus – operations based on a clear dynamic strategy.
It is Christ’s revolutionary love that Africa needs to bring radically new relationships – betweenBishop Festo Kivengere (1988)
clans, tribes, nations, races, political parties and ideologies. It alone can cure economic
exploitations, rampant corruption, unjust laws and hostility between religious denominations.
- Developing exemplary leaders at family and community level (Deuteronomy 6:1-9).
- Equipping and motivating leaders working with Youth, Children, Families (Fathers/Mothers) within Church or community-based Christian ministries.
- Developing sports outreach models for evangelism and discipleship for young people within the Great Lakes Region of Africa.
- Supporting an exchange for sharing valuable experiences (HCA focus areas: children’s ministry, youth ministry, family programs leadership, evangelism, discipleship and pastoral leadership).
- Leadership Development
- Resource Development
- Sports Outreach
Where We Work
We are operating in Uganda, with online extension to Democratic Republic of Congo and the Republic of Rwanda. Our vision scope is the Great Lakes region of Africa, a region with lingering historical marks of instability and poverty, having 80% approximate Christian population yet abounding in community-entrenched fears of witchcraft, murders, theft, domestic violence, robberies and more.
How We Work
- All HCA activities are running online – those that can, for July and August 2021. HCA has no field activities scheduled in July and August due to a nationwide lock-down in effort to fight a fast-growing pandemic attack. Field programs will be scheduled in August.
- Our field strategy for the next season will be updated in August 2021.
Who Can Participate in Our Programs
Leaders working with Youth, Children, Family (Fathers/Mothers); within Church or community-based Christian ministries.
HCA is registered and Incorporated in Uganda. HCA is registered with the Finance Regulatory Authority (FIA) of Uganda and recognized by the Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) District National Monitoring Committee.